9 Best WordPress Migration Plugins
Table of Contents
Are you looking for the best WordPress migration plugins to move your website? While it’s super easy to start a new WordPress site, moving an existing website to a new hosting company isn’t that simple. At the same time, you also want to cut downtime, so your users don’t see a broken website.
More importantly, you want to preserve your website’s SEO rankings. To make sure all these things go smoothly, you will need a WordPress migration plugin to manage the transfer quickly.
In this article, we will compare the best WordPress migration plugins to allow you to migrate your websites smoothly.
It works as a spell for many different types of migration scenarios without any technical knowledge.
It has a simple wizard that guides you through migration. First, create a migration package for your website and download it to your computer along with an installation script.
Next, we load the installation script and package to the new location (new server or host) and run the migration wizard. Duplicator decompresses the contents of the package and installs them.
In the end, it also allows you to update the URLs to make sure that every operation runs smoothly after unpacking.
- Migrate the WordPress site to a new host, domain name, local server, or live site.
- Easy step-by-step migration wizard to move your website.
- It can be used to schedule backups and save them to remote archives such as Google Diver, Dropbox, etc.
- It connects to the cPanel hosting dashboard to automatically create databases and users.
- Supports WordPress multisite migration.
- Beginners may need help connecting to the FTP server.
- The uploading process can be tedious if you have an unreliable Internet or a very large website.
Pricing: Paid plans start at $ 69 / year for three websites. It also has a limited free version that would work for most small websites.
Snapcreek provides both manual and subscription type renewal method for duplicator pro.
They also provide 60 days money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with your purchase.
- Personal– $69 (Up to 3 sites with 1 year updates)
- Freelancer– $89 (Up to 15 sites with 1 year updates)
- Business– $69 (Unlimited sites with 1 year updates)
- Gold- $549 (Unlimited sites with lifetime updates)
UpdraftPlus premium version includes a migration tool that allows you to migrate your website easily.
- Easy to use process. If you already use it as a backup plug-in, you can create a full backup and import it to any location
- Schedule and store your WordPress backups in remote locations.
- Works with WordPress multisite networks
- Incremental backups save server resources
- To migrate, you need to install WordPress on the target.
It is probably the Best WordPress Migration Plugins that works for multisite and other bunch of exciting features.
- Personal– Starting price $70 and $42 / year (Up to 2 sites)
- Business– Starting price $95 and $57 / year (Up to 10 sites)
- Agency– Starting price $145 and $87 / year (Up to 35 sites)
- Enterprise– Starting price $195 and $117 / year (Unlimited sites)
- Gold– $399 / year (Special service)
JetPack is a considerable WordPress plug-in suite that also features powerful backup functionality. This feature was previously called VaultPress and was sold as a separate product.
It is now included as a JetPack backup. It allows you to quickly restore your WordPress backups and migrate your website to new servers.
- The easiest way to make WordPress backups and restore them easily to a new location
- Incremental backups save server resources
- The simple 1-click site reset feature makes migrating a breeze
- All your data is stored in the cloud, and there is no need to reload backups during migration manually
- It includes site security features that make your backups safe
- You will need a JetPack subscription with many other features that you may not even need or use.
- The installation process is somewhat complicated for beginners. You will need two separate plugins, JetPack subscription, and a WordPress.com account.
Pricing: though you can use Jetpack as a free version but the paid version offers many exciting features. It is one of the Best WordPress Migration Plugins with paid service that is very affordable and with lots of features.
Backup Daily– $4.77/month, paid yearly
Security Daily– $11/month, paid yearly
Complete– $47/month, paid yearly
You can compare the product bundles here.
WP All in One Migration
All-in-One WP Migration is a popular WordPress migration plugin with a complete set of features. Unlike other plug-ins in the list, it is not a backup plugin and specializes in website migrations.
- Drag and drop import
- Tested and supports a large number of WordPress Hosting providers, operating systems, PHP versions, and more.
- Supports older versions up to WordPress 3.3
- Avoid your host’s file size limits by importing chunks of data.
- The upload size limits the import size to 512 MB
- You need to install WordPress in a new location manually
Pricing: The basic plugin is free
Migrate Guru is a WordPress migration plugins for the people behind Blog Vault, a popular WordPress backup solution. He specializes in migrating websites to a new host or server.
- Supports almost all major WordPress hosting providers
- Simple migration wizard where you have to enter the destination host’s FTP or cPanel credentials and the plug-in takes care of the rest
- Migrate the updated URLs of the WordPress database and manage the serialized data
- It can be used to migrate large websites without affecting server performance
- It does not support localhost to live websites or transfer transfers from localhost
- It does not fully support multi-site migrations.
BackupBuddy is one of the most popular WordPress migration and backup plugins. It has been around since 2010 and has a loyal customer base.
- It comes with automated scheduled backup, restores and migration features in one convenient package
- Configure your backup schedules, choose what to back up, and store them in remote locations like Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon S3, and more.
- It can be used to deploy to WordPress staging site to live the server with one click
- It does not support multiple WordPress sites
- The recovery and migration features are not as easy for beginners to use as some other plugins on this list
- Blogger– $80 for a single site license. This is helpful for someone wth their own site.
- Freelancer– $127 for 10 sites. This is suitable for individual who does freelancing work taking more than one client at a time.
- Gold– $199 for unlimited sites- This is for enterprise level specifically for firm companies handling dozens of sites at once.
Migrate DB Pro
Migrate DB Pro is one of the powerful WordPress migration plugins explicitly created to move the WordPress database from one installation to another. However, it can also quickly transfer media files, themes, and plugins with separate add-ons.
- Perfect when you want to copy the WordPress database from one site to another quickly
- Powerful features make it an excellent option for developers
- Back up your existing database before replacing it with a new one
- Find and replace any text in your database
- For complete migrations, you will need two add-ons available only with expensive developer licenses.
- It may not be as easy to use for beginners as other plug-ins on the list.
Personal- $49/ 1 active site
Side Hustle- $99/ 4 active sites
Developer- $199/ 30 active sites
Studio- $599/ 100 active sites
Enterprise- ???/ Unlimited sites
If you are moving your WordPress site to SiteGround, then this plugin is for you. It is done by SiteGround to help users move their websites to SiteGround hosting servers.
I am also an officially recommended WordPress hosting provider. And it is one of the Best WordPress Migration Plugins that is actually free of any charges.
Note: if you don’t want to use the plug-in, you can simply request SiteGround assistance. They offer one free website migration with their GrowBig and GoGeek plans.
- It works well because it is made for a specific scenario transferred from any hosting company to SiteGround.
- Super easy to use, you just need to insert a token from your hosting control panel, and the plugin takes care of the rest.
- If you don’t change the domain name, it automatically creates a temporary domain for the transferred site. Then you can change the DNS to point to your domain name.
- It cannot be used to transfer from localhost to live site
- It does not support multiple WordPress sites
Free Installation of the WordPress Blog
The plugins mentioned above do not work on WordPress.com websites. See the difference between WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org.
For most beginners, switching from WordPress.com to WordPress.org is not as simple as you would like it to be.
You will need to purchase a hosting plan from one of our recommended WordPress hosting providers, and we will transfer or configure your WordPress blog.
For more details, see our free blog creation page.
Note: At WPBeginner, we believe in transparency. When you sign up for one of our recommended hosting providers, we earn a small commission at no extra cost.
We would get this commission to recommend practically any hosting company, but we only recommend products that we use and which we believe can add value to our readers.
- It allows you to transfer WordPress.com to the WordPress.org website hosted on your own.
- WPBeginner’s team of experts migrates your content and multimedia content
- You will also have essential WordPress plugins installed on your site to give you a good start.
- Only migrate WordPress.com blogs
- Due to the limitations of WordPress.com, it can only migrate content, comments, images, and multimedia content.
After discussing the above details, I will recommend you that Duplicator Pro is the best WordPress migration plugin on the market. The free version also works like a charm for small WordPress blogs and websites.
Hopefully, this article was some help for you to migrate your site. If you have any questions regarding the article above feel free to comment below, we will happily assist you.
Also reach out to our blogs for more wordpress tips and guides.