A content marketing strategy is the actionable plan which shows how content will be organized and executed to achieve the underlying goals for your business. Having a content strategy will help you and the team to work together to achieve goals and targets through careful planning and prioritizing of people, workflow and other resources.
An informed, realistic and well-documented content marketing strategy gives your business an edge over your competition.
It helps to analyze and anticipate market trends and even create click-worthy content according to the needs and priorities of your customers.
It may seem like a daunting task to create the perfect content marketing template, but you do not need to worry. In most situations, you might have all the information you need, but you just need to put them into an actionable plan.
Here are the 8 areas that you need to take into consideration when you start to build a content marketing strategy.
An introductory guide to Content Marketing
1. Understand your business goals and the reason why you need to create content.
2. Create specific content goals and objectives that will help to achieve the larger underlying goals of your business.
3. Understand your niche and target audience. Do not create content for a wide and generalized audience. If you know who you are making the content for, the chances would be higher in fulfilling your content goal. Get an idea of your target audiences’ age, gender, location, occupation, or any pertinent information relevant to your business. You have to know what your audience expects from your content.
4. Do not ignore what your competitors are doing. Get an idea of where your competition is publishing content and look for avenues where you can take advantage of their oversights.
5. By understanding your audience and competition, you will have information on what type of content format would work best for your business. These content formats could be info graphics, blogs, webinars, white papers, videos, etc.
6. Now, you will need to allocate a budget and a team to create the content for your business. The team needs to have a clear understanding of the business and content goals. Depending on your needs, you might look into hiring freelancers or having a concrete in-house team.
7. Now that you have created good content, you will need to publish and distribute content to the right target audience. Besides your business’s website and social media platforms (owned media), look into other earned and paid media so you can get more eyes on your content.
8. Creating content is just one aspect. Effective measurement of how well your content is performing is another important aspect. Have a clear understanding of the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics you will use to measure the effectiveness of the content.
Having idea on how to generate a strategy on building contents for your business. I would like to explore some of the types of content marketing that any beginner can start of right now.
Types of Content Marketing
Blog has become the most essential platform for any business in today’s world. It is the informational site where you can reach your audience and build your brand. It is the best way to get organic traffics to your website or simply ranking higher in search engines.
E-books are the books that are available in digital form. They are becoming trendy nowadays as people can easily download them and have detailed information on the relative subjects. For a business, they can be a good source to grow customers by asking contact details while downloading.
• Case Studies
Case studies are a detailed and authentic research that are performed under various situations based on several findings. They are regarded as the most valuable type of content. Users generally trust this types of contents as they are relied on proofs.
Info-graphics are the best method to display your content. They are the summary of a context which is presented in the pictorial format. Info graphics are highly appreciated as they are easier to understand and gives a clear view on the subject.
Videos are the most popular means to share content and ideas. They are regarded as the biggest factor to engage the audience and derive conversions. Though, it is time consuming and can be expensive at times, however, it is worth of it.
• Social Media
Our last topic ends with the most powerful aspects in the world of content marketing, Social media. Social media are the best way to reach customers for any large and small business. Moreover, they have occupied the largest percentage of population penetration. Sharing the text, images, videos or any other formats of content is observed actively in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, etc.
Hence, above information and process of conducting content strategy will help to boost your business. So, try out and do share your outcome and feedback with us.